The other night the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show came up in conversation and my husband and I thought it would be a perfect topic for a blog! I came across this article, 7 Reasons to Watch Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show on Elite Daily’s website and I had to jump on this opportunity to dispute it.
If you have seen the show, haven’t seen it, or are planning on seeing it: STOP! Here are 7 things you could be doing instead of watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Call and old friend. It’s great to hear the sound a familiar voice. Taking 10 minutes out of your day to call an old friend won’t kill you! I think sometimes our oldest, dearest friends can be forgotten and we don’t want to take them for granted!
- Take a yoga class. Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, so it must provide some great benefits to humans, right? Kick off your shoes and take a beginner’s class or maybe something a little more challenging if you’re feeling up for a good workout. Take care of your body by doing some exercise.
- Spend time with your family. This could be your spouse, your mother, your brother, etc. Or spend time with the whole clan! Show your family how meaningful they are to you by planning a get together. Turn off your cell phones and enjoy the company that’s around you.
- Go shopping. Go to a new store that you’ve been dying to check out. Ladies, maybe even go to Victoria’s Secret and pick up a little something for yourself. Indulge a little and have fun doing it!
- Go to a museum. If you have a artsy side and want to see something beautiful, try going to the museum. The art museum, the children’s museum an the science museum all have amazing things inside! Learn something about a random artifact or a person. Find a piece of artwork that you think is beautiful and learn about it.
- Take a hike. Get your hiking gear and go on an adventure. Get some fresh air and bring a friend along and maybe listen to a little T-Swift along the way...
- Write a comical blog. Start a new blog about something you enjoy. Write something funny, or poke a little fun out of a hot topic. Need I say more?
These are just a few things that I would suggest doing other than watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. I have not watched the show and do not plan on watching it either. However, the purpose of this post is not to downplay the importance of fashion and how it may effect us. I love to shop at Victoria’s Secret as much as the next girl! This is simply to get you thinking about how you are spending your time. Time is precious. There are only so many moments and we don’t know exactly how many. We all try to prioritize so that we are making the most of each day and getting the important stuff done. Each one of us has different priorities in life. What are yours?